Software Download - Pile Loads Features
- Pile Loads991026-.zip is a spreadsheet template to determine load distribution
in piles or packs beneath rigid rafts or pile caps. Loads induced in n-piles
beneath a rigid m-sided polygon subjected to moments Mxx, Myy and
x-number of vertical loads can be calculated.
- Two analyses are carried out for each wind direction. The first analysis finds
the induced loads for an overturning check. The second analysis determines the induced
loads for actual design of the foundation. The preset load factors for the overturning
check are 1.0 for Dead and 1.4 for Wind Load. The factors for finding design loads for
piles are 1.0 for Dead, Live and Wind loads. These preset factors can be changed to suit a
given design criteria. To analyse for wind blowing in the opposite direction, all the user
needs to do is click a radio button for this purpose.
- Coordinates from an origin at a convenient point describe the position of each
pile, node and load. Using the specified thickness and density of the raft or pile cap,
the self-weight of the m-sided polygon is calculated by the template itself and is
included in the analysis.
- The spreadsheet includes three examples having 2, 3 and 4 piles. They can be
amended or renamed to suit project details of the user. To add a node, load or pile, click
the appropriate "Add" button at the top of the sheet. To delete a node, load or
pile, position the cursor in any cell in its row (by mouse click) and then click the
appropriate "Delete " button. To include additional pile caps for analysis,
click "Copy/Add Sheet" button at top of the screen.
- Shaded cells in the input and the corresponding output mean "User
Input" and unshaded cells "Spreadsheet Results". For further details refer
to Notes! within the spreadsheet
- Pile Loads991112-.zip is made available as shareware (qv). For further
information, including registration details and disclaimers, refer to Terms within the